Tuesday, November 21, 2006

it's such an enormous thing to walk and to listen

feeling exceptionally happy today. why? is it because two of my favorite people have (finally) returned from their travels and travails? is it because i had a day completely to myself, to walk and to listen? is it because i moved furniture, and acquired a beautiful blue shelf? is it because my apartment (and possibly my life) are becoming slowly but surely cleared of clutter? is it because of the wind that blew in clear skies? is it because of the many cups of coffee and the thought of a creative project? is it because winter has finally come and i can stop dreading its coming and just plain embrace its existence?

i imagine it's a bit of everything.

3 comments:

immutabler said...

you didn't ask me specifically, but what I am if not ... annoying.

on stolen busrides, I would suggest reading all about environmental studies, so you can figure out what to do your masters in.

wait, that is too freaking practical.

ummm.

do what I suggested Jenya do. Learn a dead language (which Jenya had already done), then make up a text and pretend to have translated it. Submit it. See how long you can keep up the ruse.

take pictures out of the bus window. Make a installation. sob.

think up great ideas for our cookbook. the book will be made. Oh yes, it will be made.

slow low flying turkey said...

thanks fer the ideas. i think i like pamela's best though. her brain is much less practical than yours, and we all know where my brain stands.

but, uh, yah, installations. pah. do i look like a conceptual artist to you? jebus.

onwards and upwards

immutabler said...

I suggested photos on the bus as well. And an installation don't require conceptual art. You can hang your photos. Like at the sugar refinery (if it still exists). then your vancouverite hipster transformation would be complete and you would be completely insufferable.

But practicality can so often come in handy.

Think about it, stud.