Tuesday, November 07, 2006

peel off all your layers

today was quiet, uneventful. i slept late, since insomnia has gripped me fairly regularly for the last month. last night i finally broke down and covered my window with a large cloth in the hopes that the problem was all the light seeping in at all hours. sadly, it didn't fix the problem, but i'm hoping that tonight some tea and dickens will soothe me to deep dark sleep.

spent the day sitting in my new haunt, a coffee shop full of middle aged men and mommies. somehow i like it that way - i feel more anonymous, more inconspicuous. perhaps it's the opposite, but hey, they sell coffee with gold flakes! real gold!

chatted with an interesting man for a long while. he had a lot to say, and he said it very slowly and deliberately. he has lived in vancouver for forty years and seems to know all its secrets, its intricacies, its politicians and street-preachers. he showed me his book of poetry, and he tried to read my journal over my shoulder. ha! i like his style.

and today there was this incredible light, with the clouds sitting just above the horizon and beneath them the sun. and all these trees...oh man, autumn is incredible in this neighborhood, with every house a different color, every street paved with different shades of red, and everything glowing. and my discman singing to my footsteps, thom yorke crooning to me and only me.

if only...

and took the skytrain out to see my grandpa turn 88. he still calls me his 'little redheaded rascal' after all these years.

today was nice.

2 comments:

wintergonesummer said...

i noticed that light too. some magical skies here lately....

immutabler said...

i like gold. could you steal me some?